Saturday, February 25, 2012

You're A Sellout | Nicki Minaj

The day after her pop performance on the Grammys, Nicki Minaj released a new song called "Starships." This song motivated Peter Rosenberg to blast Nicki on Hot 97, calling her a Sellout. Two days ago, Nicki premiered her hot new banger "Roman Reloaded" on Hot 97, and decided to address the issue. Check it out. 
First, listen to the song that put Nicki in the hot seat:
Starships by Nicki Minaj on Grooveshark
This is what Rosenberg had to say about it:
Peter Rosenberg Calls Nicki A Sellout by Peter Rosenberg on Grooveshark 
Though Hip Hop heads are not feeling "Starships," Nicki believes that, "Starships was a monster." This is what she had to say about her song: 
Nicki: "To be honest, I feel really, really good. I feel that Hip Hop cares enough that they have something to say. I remember when I was hoping that someone had something to say about me on the radio, or cared enough."
Nicki also stressed the fact that, though her hip hop fans aren't enjoying her pop records, she writes her own lyrics. Consequently, the idea of her "selling out" would be a problem if she couldn't deliver songs like "Roman Reloaded," but she can. 
Nicki's take on being called a sellout:
Nicki: "I think people sometimes get blown away by the magnitude of the pop stuff, because the pop stuff, it reaches everywhere and then I feel like my Hip Hop fans or Hip Hop culture starts getting a little bit scared that I'm going to leave but this is who I am. I'm not going to change- I'm just adding on to my brand. And if you don't understand that, then it's probably why you don't travel and you don't see the world and I probably can't even have a conversation with you anymore." 



#TeamVogueD, what do you all have to say to that?

D'Mor J: "No Style, No Fashion. It's that simple."

3 comments:

  1. fuck that, she not doin it cus she wana add to her brand, she wana get more money so she sold out... understandable but why lie about it... she wack as FUCK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I hope someone calls her on this Bullshittttt she's feeding everyone! She's a sellout! And she knows it.. Its one thing to make a song with a pop artist and broaden ur horizon, but when ur making the songs they make for their fans and not ur true fans, ultimately ur forgetting ur fans for the $$ and yes that's being a sell out.. PS stupid ho is a garbage song too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think she doing whats best for her we can't go through life pleasing people we have to please's our self first................

    ReplyDelete