Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Be In The KNOW: Who Is Joseph Kony?



Usually VOGUE |  Diaspora delivers you fashion... music... we deliver you gossip... and entertainment but now we're taking a different approach.



I can admit that personally, I tend to get super comfortable in my ways as an American citizen, meaning I don't really step outside of my sometimes selfish way of thinking. Now, I feel as if I'm forced to. I recently saw a very moving video, a video that could speak volumes to me even if I muted it. The video, which was created by Invisible Children, exposes and documents the horrific injustices that children in Uganda are forced to endure. I couldn't even get halfway through the video without crying. Furthermore, what made me so upset was the fact that I had never heard of this devil (Joseph Kony) before today. The video even says that 99% (not an accurate percentage) of the world have no idea who Kony is, and although this is an exaggeration I don't believe it is far off. I don't have any children of my own but I was obviously once a child myself. As a child I was pampered and well taken care of. My biggest fear honestly had to be whether or not the boogie monster would get me, but these children fear much more. I also couldn't help but think of my nephew and my niece. What if this were them, what if they couldn't go to bed at night for fear of being abducted?

Rather than trying to explain myself I will let you all view the video. Please, watch the COMPLETE 30 minutes. If you do not have time to do so then wait until you have ample time. 

PLEASE WATCH THE WHOLE VIDEO!


It's never too late to demand justice!

"An injustice done to one, is an injustice done to all."

To get involved, START HERE!
Follow them on TWITTER for more updates!




They have also gotten celebrities, who have powerful voices involved...

(click on photo to enlarge)













- Taking Hollywood by STORM

2 comments:

  1. I actually didn't get time to see the video but after reading this article I got some insight on what Kony really is and that's sickening what they're hiding from the public. Once I get time i will defineltly watch the video to be more informed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on this article STORM.

    ReplyDelete