Sunday, July 22, 2012

Frank Ocean Speaks About His Sexuality



For the first time since Ocean released a beautifully crafted open-letter about his sexuality, Frank Ocean
has spoken about "coming out."



On why he "came out..." 

It was for my own sanity and my ability to feel like I’m living a life where I’m happy when I wake up in the morning, and not with this freakin’ boulder on my chest,” Frank told The Guardian.
I wished at 13 there was somebody I looked up to who would have said something like that, who would have been transparent in that way.

People who attended his "Channel Orange" listening party in London began to question his sexuality after hearing a few lyrics...
“I knew that I was writing in a way that people would ask questions,” Frank said.
“I knew that my star was rising, and I knew that if I waited I would always have somebody that I respected be able to encourage me to wait longer, to not say it till who knows when.”
He also said...
“People are just afraid of things too much. Sure, evil exists, extremism exists. Somebody could commit a hate crime and hurt me. But they could do the same just because I’m black. They could do the same just because I’m American,” he added.
info via bossip.com

- Taking Hollywood by STORM

No comments:

Post a Comment