Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Fashion Forward | Exposed Breasts | Going Bra-Less

Hello my loves! Its Jocoby Joyy here & I just wanna say how much I missed #TeamVogueD. My Mom & I went through a big move, and I was computer-less for a few weeks, but I'm back, & you know I got something fresh up my chiffon sleeve ;) Lets discuss a super sexy, yet controversial summer trend. 
For the past month, I've been seeing exposed nippies everywhere. On the runway, on celebs, & even on the street. It didn't take me long to realize that going bra-less has definitely re-emerged as a summer trend. 


Previously, going bra-less was only associated with three things the extra daring, the extra tacky, and Rihanna. I for one, believe that fashion is art. Therefore nudity can be perfectly acceptable as long as its done tastefully. In the pictures below, it is clear that Rih Rih had some hits & misses. The metallic pasties are sexy but not too over-the-top. The blazer with just a hint of the décolletage is simply chic. But the mesh top with the entire bosom out? That's a look that can be hotly debated. 

So if fashion is art, and we all have the freedom to dress however we want, then what tips would I give to the fearless who want to try this trend?
  1. Know Your Body Type! Rihanna, although not perfect, can rock this trend because she has fairly small and perky breasts. Don't get me wrong, I am a firm believer that anybody can wear any trend no matter what the size, as long as it customized to their body. However, what looks chic on an A cup can easily look trashy on a Double D.
  2. Choose A Fairly Thick Fabric- Choosing a thicker and more sturdier fabric leaves something to the imagination. With this trend, you're already walking a thin line between sexy and class-less, so it's best to avoid any peek-a-boo moments. 
  3. Invest In Pasties- Pasties are the perfect way to try this trend without feeling like a call girl. The padding will ensure that your high beams are in fact turned off. 
  4. Don't Over-Do It- Exposed breasts are sexy enough. Do not attempt to wear this look with the tightest skirt in your closet, or dramatic club make-up. Sometimes, less really is more, and a slouchy blouse or boyfriend jeans could really do this trend justice.
  5. Be Confident- Walking around with no bra? You're definitely going to get plenty of looks and head turns, so keep your head high and be prepared for whatever. 
Ladies is this a trend you'll be freely rocking this summer? && guys what do you think about a woman exposing her breasts? VOGUE or No? 

**Jocoby Joyy- I Want To Aesthetically Enhance The World Around Me. && That's Just What I'll DO. 


3 comments:

  1. D'Mor J does the no bra all the time...I seen her in lauderdale. No tee, No shade. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love this blog. Left it up to the reader to make their own decision about this "trend." Not too bias. Kudos to you Miss Joy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovesssssss it. just like you said, fashion is art!

    ReplyDelete