Monday, July 23, 2012

Meek Mill Apologizes On Television For Controversial Song...

While at 1O6 & Park Meek Mill did what most people were urging him to do... he apologized.



The rapper received backlash almost immediately after he released a song titled "Amen." Christians across the nation were outraged, including a Philadelphia based Pastor, who engaged in a heated debate with Meek Mill live on the radio. After the conversation ended the Pastor said he intended to get the song banned from air waves, and encouraged people to boycott the single.




The rapper had this to say:
"People find all types of stuff offensive. I don’t think no preacher or no church approve of any type of rap music… because rap music, period, is a lot of bad stuff said. But at the end of the day, it’s real life. And me, I wasn’t trying to disrespect no religion or anything like that. My whole family is Christian. I have a half Christian, half Muslim family. The situation, the song, that’s what energy it felt and if anybody feel disrespected, I ain’t do it in that way. And I ain’t drop the song with bad intentions. I did it just because it was a good feeling…that’s the feeling it gave me so I said, ‘Amen, church.’ I didn’t do it with bad intentions at the end of the day."
The Pastor seemed pleased with Meek Mills' apology and responded with this:

"This apology was the condition for lifting the Call-To-Action boycott. Therefore, I want to say as a follower of Christ, that I completely forgive Robert Williams for this song because Jesus has completely forgiven me. While I have made the choice not to listen to or support any artist that promotes blasphemy or misogyny in their music, I appreciate Mr. Williams being willing to acknowledge his wrong. It is my sincere hope, that he, along with all popular rappers with their fans, will embrace God’s total forgiveness by turning from the sin promoted through mainstream Hip Hop, and trust solely in Christ for salvation. Christ died for all the evil we have done and spoken. And it is only through repentance and faith that forgiveness can be found. I want to say thanks to everyone who chose to cover this story, and a special thanks to all those who supported me."

Watch the video and listen to the track... do you think it was disrespectful?



VOGUE | Note: Was that J Cole gettin' his cameo appearance? Ok!

- Taking Hollywood by STORM

4 comments:

  1. Being a Christian I can see the pastors frustration but I also know and understand that there are different slangs and sayings now that were not around a few years back. I know plenty of people who say "amen" or "church" when they agree with something no matter how ridiculous it is EX: Person 1: I had a long week I need a blunt Person 2: Amen!


    Live a little I suppose?

    ReplyDelete
  2. people can express they self however they want to

    ReplyDelete
  3. when yu truly listen to Meek's lyrics, it clearly shows the lack of respect we have for religion. None of us are perfect, & we could all do better but to present those sinful things with words that represent holiness is wrong. "Do Liv on Sunday like a church, Preachhhhh" everybody knows wht goes on at club liv. & those things have NO business being compared to a covenant. like really when yu listen to it, its disrespectful. period. play abt anything but God.

    ReplyDelete