Monday, January 16, 2012

What D'Mor Peeped: Golden Globe 2012

As a black actress, I viewed this year's Golden Globe Awards as a breath of fresh air. People who I look up to (Meryl Streep, Octavia Spencer, Idris Elba & George Clooney) won big, and while I gloated on their behalf some things just captured my attention. So its only right that I tell #TeamVogueD what I peeped....Right? Check it out below.




1. Did you see Octavia & Idris...O excuse me, I mean Gloden Globe Winners Octavia Spencer & Idris Elba?
Check out their acceptance speeches.

VogueNote: The Help is one of my favorite movies. Octavia REALLY deserved that award. Phenomenal...just phenomenal. I love her. 

2. I Stepped Out & I Was Seen: Check out who came dressed and prepared to cause on stirred on the 69th Gloden Globe Awards' red carpet. 
Charlize Theron donned the Red Carpet dressed in Dior. The South African Goddess was simply stunning.
Emma Stone looked great in Lanvin. She was elegant & classy.
Sofia Vergara wore Vera Wang with Harry Winston jewels, and honey was breaking necks. Look at that shape...I Love it. 


Sofia Vergara
The 47 year old but body like a 20 year old, Nicole Kidman made a statement in a grey Versace dress with gold studded stones. She gave me L I F E!

3. I'm Tore Up & I Know It: In the midst of good looking people and sophisticated conversation...Horrific Ensembles made an appearance. I'm not trying to throw shades or nothing but....these outfits probably should have stayed on the hangers.
The BEAUTIFUL Paula Patton wore an ugly prom dress  Monique Lhuillier to this year's Golden Globe Awards. With a body that most people dream for, Paula chose to wear this horrific dress and I was very disappointed. 
Is it me or does Jessica Biel look like she was going to a Halloween party dressed as a 1980's Bride/ Mummy? This dress, designed by Reem Acra, does nothing for Jessica's figure. SMDH, at least her face is G O R G! 
4. But We Twins Though: No lie, when I first seen this picture I SWORE it was Katy Perry.....but then I found out that it was just Zooey Deschanel. They could be sister....right?





5. Bow Tie this, Bow Tie That: Almost every guy in the building had a bow tie on. Originality somebody.....PLEASE?





6. Woah...Sexy Couple Alert: Aren't they soooo CUTE  HOT. I can't wait to see their babies. 



D'Mor J: "No style, No Fashion. It's that simple."

No comments:

Post a Comment